A Rummy variation contributed by Skabok
A 52-card deck is needed for each three players. No jokers are used in this game.
Everyone is dealt 12 cards, one card is placed face up to start the discard pile, and the remaining undealt cards stacked face down alongside as a drawing stock.
At your turn, you draw the top card of the stock or discard pile, and then discard one card face up on top of the discard pile.
The only way to win is by collecting in your hand one of the following 12-card combinations:
- A 12-card flush: 12 cards of the same suit, which may include duplicates;
- A 12-card straight: 12 cards of consecutive rank, irrespective of suit. Aces may count high or low but not both; or
- Three 4-of-a-kinds: these may include identical cards.
When some has achieved "jummy" they must throw down their last discard card and yell as loud as possible "jummy!" and they win. However if a person gets jummy and fails to
- put their last card face down
- slap their last card down with force onto the discard pile, and
- scream "jummy"
the game is dead and nobody wins.