Contributed by Daniel R (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
OBJECT: Build up complete suites from Ace to King in the foundation row.
LAYOUT: Put 4 cards face up in a row, and then (like solitare) put 4 cards face down except the first one, then put a face up card on the second pile, then face down cards the rest of the row, then put a face up card on the thrid pile, then face down cards the rest of the row, and put a face up card on the fourth pile. Leave the rest of the cards in a pile. Here's an outline of the layout:
* the top __ __ __ __ | u|| u|| u|| u| u = face up |__||__||__||__| d = face down __ __ __ __ | u||_d||_d||_d| |__|| u||_d||_d| |__|| u||_d| * the right |__|| u| |__| Solitare Area: Section next to "* the right" Foundation Row: 4 cards (face up) below "* the top" Penalty Area: is "* the right" Lockout: is "* the top"
PLAY: THIS GAME IS PLAYED LIKE SOLITARE IN THE SOLITARE AREA, PENALTY AREA, AND LOCKOUT. First, if there is any cards in the foundation row that can be moved to the solitare area, move them, then keep the rest in the foundation row. Pick from the pile of cards and play them in the solitare area. If the cards don't have anywhere to go in the solitare area, you can put them in the foundation row. If you can't put the card in the foundation row because it is full, you have two choices. You can either:
1. If you have a card that you can put on one of the foundation cards (i.e. you can put a 5 of hearts on a 6 of spades in the foundation row) put the card in the foundation row in the lockout. Now place the card that you can put on that card on it.
2. Place it face down in the penalty area (next to the solitare area). Here's a diagram:
* the top __ __ __ __ | u|| u|| u|| u| u = face up |__||__||__||__| d = face down __ __ __ __ __ | u||_d||_d||_d|| d|<-the new card |__|| u||_d||_d||__| |__|| u||_d| * the right |__|| u| |__|
If you get one more card more than the pile to the left of it, the next card should be face up, and you must start another pile with another card (face down). Here's another diagram:
* the top __ __ __ __ | u|| u|| u|| u| u = face up |__||__||__||__| d = face down __ __ __ __ __ __ | u||_d||_d||_d||_d|| |<-where to put the next card you |__|| u||_d||_d||_d||__| can't use |__|| u||_d||_d| |__|| u||_d| |__|| u|<-the face up card |__|
SPECIAL BUILDING RULES: