Suppliers of Playing-Cards and Equipment
- Suppliers of Modern and Antique Playing-Cards - dealers, importers and online shops supplying cards from a range of manufacturers.
- Playing-Card Manufacturers producing a range of standard, non-standard and custom cards.
- Special Playing-Cards - cards with special features such as extra suits or unusual designs.
- Makers and Suppliers of Custom Playing-Cards - produced to order with special backs or faces.
- Suppliers of Card Game Equipment - tables, card holders, shuffling machines, etc.
- Equipment for Domino and Tile Games
- Suppliers of Poker Equipment - tables, chips, clothing, etc. (separate page)
Suppliers of Modern and Antique Playing-Cards
TaroBear's Lair specialises in supplying European regional playing-cards, including Tarot, Tarock and Tarocchi cards, to players in North America.
The Alida web site has a good selection of Italian cards for sale.
Naipes Zaca is a Spanish online playing-card store selling playing-cards of various designs from around the world, including of course Spanish cards.
InterCol London deal in playing-cards, as well as books, maps, prints, currency and other ephemera.
Cartorama deal in antique playing-cards, paper and books.
JP Playing Cards is a UK-based company specialising in premium quality limited edition playing-cards for card manipulators (cardistry) and collectors.
The Pelikorttikauppa page of Mikko Saari's Finnish web site offers a range of playing cards including tarot and tarock cards.
The Game Preserve sells a range of Card Games as well as Board Games.
Spielkarten Welt sells playing-cards and card game books on line.
MacGregor Historic Games produce reproductions of historic playing-cards for reenactors; also historic board, dice and card games.
Through their website card-dealer.co.uk, Greens of Gloucestershire supply a range of standard and themed playing-cards.
HG Images - dealer in playing-cards.
The Card Kid has a range of cards and other equipment for various trading games (CCGs).
D.J.McAdam's Wooden Horse Books sells playing-cards and other games; also gaming literature (new and second hand).
Newt's Playing Card Superstore sells a range of American and Spanish playing-cards.
Wolfgang Kunze's Spielkarten Online sells a range of standard and non-standard second hand playing-cards for collectors.
Games et al sells playing-cards and other games to collectors.
Parnell Playing Card Co have auctions of playing-cards, Faro equipment and antiques.
Playing Cards Only has a selection of modern and classic playing cards for all ages. The emphasis is on 52-card packs with novelty backs and faces, with some children's card games.
Playing Cards and More is a Florida-based online store selling standard Anglo-American playing cards and other game equipment.
Texas-based playingcards.net mostly sells standard Anglo-American 52-card decks, specialising in high quality cards for flourishing, cardistry and conjuring. Cards with custom backs and faces are also supplied.
Here are links to home pages of some playing-card manufacturers, producing a range of standard, non-standard and custom playing-cards.
- Piatnik (Austria)
- Heraclio Fournier, Vitoria (Spain)
- France Cartes
- Dal Negro (Italy)
- Carta Mundi (Belgium)
- Copag (Brazil)
- Trefl (Krakow, Poland)
- U.S. Games Systems
- Spielkartenfabrik Altenburg (Germany)
- KEM Playing Cards (USA) - plastic playing-cards
- Bicycle Cards (formerly United States Playing Card Co.)
- OTK karty (Czech Republic)
- Shenzhen Senfutong Paper Co Ltd (China)
- Shenzen Skyton Printing Co Ltd (China)
- Denexa (USA) - plastic playing-cards
- 54PCS Playing Card Show is a directory of 54 Chinese playing-card manufacturers.
- Ace Card Company (a subsidiary of Print Masters India)
- Kuo Kau Paper Products (Taiwan)
- Death Playing Cards - Tobacco and Drug Education Playing Cards
- T.M. Playing Cards - from India
- Asha Industries - from India
- Brabus Printing & Paper Products (Hong Kong, China)
Cards with special features such as extra suits or unusual designs.
Magnetic and waterproof cards
Kling Magnetic Playing Cards (USA). These cards have a thin metal film in the centre so that they cling to a magnetic playing surface. Useful for playing out of doors in a breeze.
SplashJack is a deck of waterproof cards that float in water, designed for use in the bathtub or swimming pool.
Stardeck cards are like a standard pack with a fifth suit of stars plus two jokers - 67 cards in all.
Estate playing-cards - an Australian 60-card deck with 5 suits of 12 cards. The site includes a downloadable book with suggested variations of Canasta, Euchre and 500.
Tarot or tarock cards have the usual four suits (usually with 8 or 14 cards in each) plus an extra, longer "suit" of 21 trumps and a fool card. TaroBear's Lair specialises in supplying Tarot, Tarock and Tarocchi playing-cards to players in North America
Solitaire for Two is a six-suited deck in tile form. There are two red suits (hearts and diamonds), two black suits (spades and clubs) and two green suits (wheels and anchors) plus a joker of each colour, for a total of 81 tiles.
In the past, there have been various six-suited card decks. Sextet had two red suits (hearts and diamonds), two black suits (spades and clubs) and two blue suits (wheels and rackets). Empire cards had three red suits (hearts, diamonds and crowns) and three black suits (clubs, spades and anchors). Unfortunately both are now out of print.
The Toss deck has eight 13-card suits (two red, two black, two blue and two gold) and eight jokers (one of each colour, two "boss" and two "null"): 112 cards in all. The web site has suggested adaptations of some popular card games: spades, rummy, hearts.
The Fat Pack has eight suits (four red and four black), with five identical jokers.
For over a century, four suited decks with extra numeral cards (black 11s and 12s plus red 11s, 12s and 13s, total 62 cards plus jokers) have been made for the rarely played six-handed version of 500. For example the Bicycle Six Handed 500 Card Deck is available from amazon.com.
SHP games publishes Zero Mod playing cards including 11's and 12's of all four suits: 60 cards plus jokers. The name refers to the fact that the 60 cards can be dealt equally to 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 players without remainder.
Realm 500 Playing Cards, distributed in New Zealand by Croxley Stationery limited have 11s, 12s and 13s of all four suits: 64 cards plus two jokers.
Cards using Anglo-American and similar patterns, using the (originally French) suits of hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades are known worldwide. Alongside these, traditional cards with other suits are commonly used in central and southern Europe, North Africa, parts of Central and South America and the Far East. See the classified index for further information on these cards and the games that are played with them. For players in North America, TaroBear's Lair is able to supply many of these regional cards.
Non-standard playing-card decks with artisitic and novelty designs
- White Knuckle Playing Cards - a newly drawn version of the traditional English pattern, from Australia.
- Gemaco Cards (USA: Promotional cards and cards for the casino market)
- ZByte (USA: cards with suitmarks representing logical operators)
- American Standard Playing Cards: a patriotic 58-card deck with suits representing Faith, Independence, Revolution and Unity. Kings, Queens and Jacks are replaced by Patriots, Ladies and Gentlemen; there are two Tyranny cards corresponding to jokers, and four extra cards corresponding to the suits and representing the Ten Commandments, the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.
- The Hungarian firm Civertan makes playing-cards with various non-standard designs - castles, steam locomotives, views of Budapest, etc.
- Charta Bellica by the Hungarian artist Somogyi Márton.
- ProsperoArt.com produce Shakespeare Bridge decks featuring quotations and insults from the plays; also Rat Pack poker decks.
See also the IPCS New Issues pages.
Makers and Suppliers of Custom Playing-Cards
Admagic.com suppies custom playing cards to order. You submit your own design for the backs or for the backs and faces.
PFI Playing-cards, also known as Card-Press, is a US-based firm specialising in producing custom playing-cards (custom faces, backs and shapes), and can also supply other gaming equipment.
The Game Crafter manufactures cards and other game components to order. Their service is ideal for prototyping and small quantities - even down to just one copy. The game they produce for you can also be sold online through their web site.
Artscow is a Hong Kong based printing company that will print custom playing-card to order.
Personalised Playing Cards is a UK-based company offering playing-cards with custom face and backs, or standard English faces and custom backs. Designs can be submitted online.
Printer's Studio supply playing-cards which can be customised by uploading your own images for the faces and backs. Orders for small quantities are acceptable.
Quality Playing Cards Inc. (Playing Cards R Us), based in Orlando, Florida, USA, will produce custom playing-cards with your own face and back design; also other game accessories such as boards and chips.
Games and Print Services make standard playing-cards and will also produce custom designed cards to order.
Based in India, Perfect Playing Cards can produce cards to your specification with standard or custom designed faces or backs.
Ivory Graphics is a UK supplier of custom playing-cards with personalised backs and/or faces.
The Canadian firm Palaimon Playing-Cards produces playing-cards to your specification with ciustom backs and/or faces.
Monogrammatiks imprint Bridge cards with your own custom design or message on the back.
MakePlayingCards.com is a Hong Kong based company supplying promotional playing-cards with custom backs or faces and backs worldwide.
At Your Playing Cards.com you can create your own back designs on line and order decks of standard playing-cards with these backs.
The UK company Zyan can supply promotional playing-cards with custom backs or faces and backs.
Warmer International (Nantong City, Jiangsu ,China) manufactures card games and board games to order.
Makers and Suppliers of Card Game Equipment
The Las Vegas Card Shuffler is available from Dollys Mixtures.
The Italian company Del Fabbro makes folding card tables as well as other wooden furniture.
Las Vegas Poker & Gambling - online store for travel to Las Vegas, accommodation and all kinds of gambling books and equipment.
The GameTable department of US supplier ShopLadder has a wide range of gaming tables and furniture, including card tables and tables for various casino games.
DK Gameroom Outlet is a US supplier of playing cards, accessories and casino equipment.
dazadi.com, based in California, supply gaming tables for poker and casino games and a range of other gaming equipment within the USA only.
Equipment for Domino and Tile Games
The AlexCramer Company supplies high quality precision made domino sets and hand-crafted wooden boxes for dominoes.
Where the Winds Blow specialises in selling Mah Jong sets, books and accessories.