Links: Online Card Games
Generic on-line card game programs
Tabletopia is a digital board game table which also supports card games. There is a general purpose card table with standard cards and chips and there are plans plans to provide support for specific card games.
Aces is a free format card game application for iPhone or iPad which can be used to play a wide variety of card games online.
Within the Ataraxia project at sourceforge, a group of programmers were working on a Card Games Framework, which aimed to provide a generic on-line card game engine that could be customised to play a range of card games over a network. There seems to have been no activity on this since 2003, but presumably it could be revived if enough people were interested.
Servers for specific card games
Each of the following sites offers a range of games:
- GameDuell. (Hearts, Oh Hell! (Wizard), Crazy Eights, Solitaire, Skat, Belote, Tarot, Doppelkopf, Schnapsen, Klaverjassen) - it is currently necessary to select your language as French, German or Dutch to see some of these games.
- Game Colony offers head to head games and multi-player tournaments, which can be played free or for cash prizes: Gin Rummy, Cribbage, Spades, Canasta, Solitaire and Dominoes.
- Case's Ladder Online (Hearts, Spades, Cribbage, Euchre, Bid Whist) features online play versus computer or real opponents, automated online leagues and a tournament ranking system.
- World Winner (Hearts, Spades, Solitaire)
- The Tams11 lobby (Barbu, Euchre, Cribbage, Oh Pshaw (Oh Hell), Hand and Foot, Snerks (Spite and Malice), Michigan Rummy (Tripoli, Rummoli), Blizo)
- Skill 7 (German language) (Skat, Doppelkopf, XXer-Rufen, Schieber Jass, Differenzler Jass, Rummy, Spite and Malice, Belote, Canasta, Schnapsen)
- Tretre (Tressette, Briscola, Scopa)
- Biska.com (Burraco, Briscola, Tressette, Texas Hold'em)
- Game Zone (Bridge, Hearts, Spades)
- Safe Harbor Games (Canasta, Cribbage, Hearts, Spades)
- Games4Money (Gin Rummy, Tonk, Acey Deucey, Spades, Dominoes)
- Pogo (Bridge, Euchre, Hearts, Spades)
- Gaming Safari (Spades, Cribbage, Gin Rummy, Euchre, Canasta)
- Marya's World of Card Games (Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Twenty-Nine, Gin Rummy, 3-5-8, Go Fish)
- Meingames.de (Durak, 1000, Preference, Nines [Fantan], Debertz [Klabberjass], Bura, Dominoes, Poker)
- Ludopoli.it (Burraco, Scala40, Tressette, Texas Hold'em, Scopone, Gin Rummy, Whist [in fact a version of Oh Hell])
- Ludopoli.br.com (Buraco Aberto, Buraco Fechado, Tranca, Truco, Truco Gaudério, Texas Hold'em)
- Jawaker - Middle Eastern and North African games (Tarneeb, Trix, Hand, Basra, Baloot, Estimation, etc.)
- Nidink (Canasta, Cribbage, Euchre, Hearts, Spades)
- NetIntellGames (Russian Preference, Gin Rummy, Poker, Spades, Spite and Malice, Durak, Cribbage)
- Favorite Games (Belote, 3-5-8, 66, Bridge, Okey, Draw Dominoes, Texas Hold'em)
- Games.com (Canasta, Cribbage, Euchre, Gin Rummy, Hearts, Oklahoma Gin, Pinochle, Spades, Whist, Solitaire, Poker)
- Rubl.com (Gin Rummy, Cribbage, Dominoes, Canasta)
- Dracis - Java games: Skat, Whist, Tien Len, Spades, Hearts
- Mana Battery publishes online games for the Microsoft Xbox 360, Windows Phone, IOS and Android: Euchre, Hearts, Oh hell, Spades, Romanian whist, Knockout whist
- Randy Rasa's House of Cards includes a large collection of WebTV-compatible card games.
- PlayOK Online Games (formerly known as Kurnik) offers several Polish and international games (3-5-8, kierki,hearts, oh hell!, bridge, pan, canasta, 66, cribbage, skat, cucumber, spades, durak, switch, gin rummy, thousand).
- Game Desire (Tysiacha, Rummy 500, Okey, Buraco, Bridge, Solitaires, 3-5-8, Crazy 8s, Cribbage, Euchre, Gin, Kierki, Pan, Poker: Texas Hold'em, Omaha, 5 Card Draw, Dealer's Choice). Games are available in several language versions.
- Eliters is a tournament league that runs competitions for several card games on various online sites (Hearts, Spades, Euchre, Gin Rummy, Canasta and others)
- Casino Games Simulation has Java versions of several casino games including Blackjack, Paigow Poker, Baccarat and Video Poker which can be played on line for fun or practice.
- The Dutch site SpelletjesOverzicht has a large collection of free online card games, including Klaverjassen, Toepen, Brisca, Blackjack and numerous solitaire games.
- The Card Games section of Games Only has some solitaire games and a blackjack game that can be played for fun online against the computer.
- CardAtoZ has a collection of free card games that can be played online in a web browser.
- Poki.com has a collection of free browser based card games, mostly solitaires and types of video poker.
- Онлайн игры (online games) is a Russian language site offering 1000, Durak, Preferans, Debertz and other games.
- Aquijuego has a collection of free card games to play online against the computer, with descriptions in Spanish.
- Kartenspiele24 has a collection of free Flash card games to play online against the computer, with descriptions in German.
Randy Rasa's House of Cards has further information about on-line card game sites.