Links: Card Game Software
This page lists some sources for computer versions of multi-player card games, in which one human player plays against one or more computer opponents. Further programs for specific card games will be found on the pages for those games. Solitaire computer programs are not listed here but on the Solitaire page.
- Randy Rasa's House of Cards is a good source of information for card games software in general.
- Thanos Card Games has freeware programs for a wide range of unusual card games.
- HOYLE Card Games for Windows or Mac OS X includes a selection of card game programs: Skat, French Tarot, Pitch, Euchre, Pinochle, Hearts, Spades, Bridge, Spite and Malice, 500 Rum, Gin Rummy, Cribbage, Canasta, Crazy Eights, Pelmanism (Memory Match), Old Maid, Go Fish, War, Poker, Tuxedo (a version of Casino with 40 cards) and Space Race (similar to Mille Bornes), plus a collection of 50 Solitaire games.
- With DreamQuest Software's Championship Card Games series you can play against computer opponents. Available for PC-Windows, Palm, Pocket PC and cell phones (Spades, Hearts, Cribbage, Euchre, 500, Gin Rummy).
- MeggieSoft Games has a range of shareware two-player card games which may be played against a computer opponent, or an online opponent. The games include: Rummy 500, Gin Rummy, Canasta, Cribbage, Pinochle & Bezique, Euchre & Écarté, German Whist and Piquet.
- Games Galore - shareware games including WhistFun (Bid Whist), Solo Spades, BagEm (Rummy/Canasta), RummyFun, Bezique, EasyWhist (German Whist), Crazy Eights, Agony, comet.
- Special K Software - available at www.specialksoftware.com - has software for Bridge, Euchre, 500 and many games of the Rummy family.
- Alexander Konyukhov's Durbetsel site has free software for a wide range of card games including 40 versions of Fool (Durak). A Russian edition is also available, and the program supports play over a TCP/IP network.
- Download.com has a large collection of card game programs for Windows.
- Arthur Crump maintains Blackgames.net, which offers a range of computer card games, many of which are not available elsewhere.
- Randy Rasa's Domino-Games.com site has a comprehensive listing of domino game software.
- Alberosa specialises in Italian Rummy games: Ramino, Scala Quaranta and Burraco.
Games4All has published a large number of free card games for the Android platform.
Here are some sources of card game software for handheld computers:
- The Ultimate Card Games package for the Game Boy Advance by Telegames includes Hearts, Spades, Bridge, Euchre, Cribbage, Canasta, Gin Rummy, Go Fish, Crazy Eights, Poker, Blackjack and a selection of Solitaire and Video Poker games.
- Seahorse Software produce Crazy Eights, Euchre and Rummy software for the Palm OS, as well as a range of Solitaire games.
The following sites offer selections of freeware and shareware Windows card games for download: