Rules of Pokefish:
- Four Players: Two teams of two. Partners are allowed to confer (or the game could be played by just two players).
- Each team gets 8 cards, the rest are the draw-from pile, such as in Go Fish.
- The object of the game is to get 4-of-a-kind, a five-card straight, a straight flush or a royal flush.
- To obtain these, one team asks the other for cards. You may ask for a specific card or a card of a particular rank. The team asking does need not already have a card of the rank or suit asked for. When asking the other team if they have something, they must only give you one card at a time. For example, if you ask for sevens and they have 3 sevens, they only have to give you one, until you ask again for a seven if you think they have more. If they don't have the card, they tell you to "Poke a fish" (or draw a card from the pile). If you get the card you asked for, your turn is expanded and you may ask again for a card.
- When you get one of the objects of the game, you put it down and yell (or whisper if you have to) "We poked your fish!" If one team runs out of cards and there are still cards left in the draw-from pile, they take 3 cards and the game continues until the deck runs out and one team is no longer holding any cards. Then you add up the points and whichever team has the most wins. Each royal flush is 7 points, a straight flush is 6 points, straights are 4 points, and 4-of-a-kinds are 2 points.
That's all, enjoy!