Contributed by Mike J (NHSoccerGy@aol.com)
Number of players: 2-5
Object of Jackpot: to get the highest hand to win the jackpot
How to play:
1. To start off, the players must agree on the dropped card value. This tells each player what a dropped/discarded card is worth, e.g. each dropped card is worth $10.
2. Once the value is agreed on, shuffle the deck and deal 5 cards to each player.
3. Hold your cards in a fan and look for hands.
4. Decide which cards you are going to keep and which you wish to discard.
5. When the dealer goes around and asks you if you are dropping cards, you may drop a maximum of 3 cards. (Remember that each card is worth the dropped card value) Give your card(s) to the dealer, who will put them in a discard pile, and put your dropped card value amount for your card(s) in the center of the table. The dealer will then give you back the amount of cards you dropped/traded in. You can do this only a maximum of 3 times [that is up to three drops of up to three cards each - JM].
6. So the more you trade, the more the jackpot is worth. [The jackpot consists of the value of all the cards dropped by all the players, so if you never drop any cards you don't lose any money, but maybe don't win many jackpots. JM]
7. When everyone is ready, the dealer calls "flip" and the all the players will flip their cards for others to see.
8. The person with the highest hand wins the game and gets the jackpot. $$
The Hands of Jackpot (lowest to highest):
If there are two people with the same hands and the hands are higher than the other players, they will go into a card draw. Each person gets a card from the deck. The higher card wins and if there is a tie there, you repeat the draw.