Card Games Home Page | Other Invented Games
Pimps & Hoes
Contributed by Joe V. & Raymond C.
- A Game for 2 or 4 players.
- 52 card deck ( No Jokers )
- Start with 7 cards.
- For 2 players only: Draw 5 cards a turn. The Last time you draw you should come out with 3 cards.
[This seems wrong. 2*7 + 2*5 + 2*5 + 2*5 = 44. So after three turns there should be 8 cards left - four each. JM]
- For 4 players only: Draw 3 cards a turn. It will come out even.
- Keep as many cards you want through out the game. You want to keep all face cards and Aces. But at the end you can only have 7 to present.
- High score wins.
Pimps: ( Aces )
- Any pimp = 8 pts
- Queen with a pimp = 10 pts
- King with a pimp = 5 pts
- Jack with a pimp = 4 pts
4 cards to a pimp
You count the value of the pimp and the other face cards on the pimp with the scoring above.
So, say you have Q, Q, K, J on a pimp. You count the 8 pts for the pimp, then the 10 pts for both the Q, 5 pts for the K, and 4 pts for the J. So, all together you have 37 pts for that set up.
- King with a Queen = 8 pts
- Jack with a Queen = 7 pts
- Queen with a Queen = 5 pts
- King with a King = 5 pts
- Jack with a Jack = 3 pts
- King with a Jack = 4 pts
2 cards to a couple
- King = 2 pts
- Queen = 2 pts
- Jack = 1 pts
Anything below a Jack is worthless
I have not been able to contact the inventor to get answers to questions. As far as I can tell, the game amounts to dividing the pack equally between the players (though they collect them in stages), each of whom then select their highest scoring 5 cards according to the above scoring. Presumably one card can belong to at most one scoring combination - pimp, couple or single. JM.
Return to Index of Invented Card Games
Last updated 22nd August 2003