A variation of Slapjack with extra slapping, contributed by Justin Huneke
The name of the game is Slap and the object is to have all 52 cards. This game is for 2-4 players and a 52 card deck are needed. You win by slapping on certain cards. Rank of cards are (low to high): 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A. Without further ado, let the game begin!
Playing the game
Shuffle the deck and deal out all cards. It’s okay if one person gets an extra card, just make sure you shift dealers every game. Do not look at the cards. Organize them in a pile and shuffle them. The player left of the dealer goes first (the non-dealer in a 2 player game). Each player take turns flipping the top card off their stock and placing them in the center (waste). The way to receive all the cards is to slap on a special combo of cards. Here is what you can slap on:
- Same Suits: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is the same suit of the previous card.
- Slap Jacks: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is a Jack.
- Plus One: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is one card value higher than the previous card.
- Even: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is equal value to the previous card.
- Minus one: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is one card value lower than the previous card.
- Sandwich: You may slap on the face up pile if the top card played is the same as the card below the one that was previously set. (So in a sandwich, say you lay down a 10 on a 5. If another 10 was below that 5, it is a legal slap)
If a player makes an illegal slap, they must place the top 2 cards off their stock on the bottom of the waste (face up).
When you make a legal slap, put all the cards from the waste on the bottom of your pile (face down).
Remember, the goal is to get all the cards.
Slap will have you and your opponents on the edge of your seats. It’s just that addictive!