Card Games for Ten Players
Games for Ten Players
This is a list of traditional card and tile games that are designed for or work well with ten players. With such a large group, card games can become unwieldy as individual players may have to wait a long time for their turn and have only a small influence on the game. Games with simultaneous action can work, as can some games where the turn passes quickly or the players have an interest in the others' actions. Otherwise, players should consider splitting into smaller groups, each playing a separate game.
Each game is listed just once - for alternative names see the general alphabetical index. For each game the configuration of players and the type and number of cards or tiles is listed. There is an explanation of the symbols below the table.
|Baccarat Punto Banco||6x52||banker|
|Baccarat à Deux Tableaux Baccarat Banque||3x52||banker|
|Card Bingo||52, 2x52||banker|
|Chemin de Fer Baccarat||6x52||banker|
|Crazy Pineapple Poker||52||individual|
|Crazy Pineapple Hi-Lo Poker||52||individual|
|Gnav||Cuckoo cardsCuckoo pieces||42||individual|
|Horse Race cards||52||banker|
|K'ap Tái Shap||8x32||individual|
|Omaha Hi-Lo Eight or Better Poker||52||individual|
|Omaha High Poker||52||individual|
|One Hundred adding game||2x52||individual|
|Pick a Partner Poker||52||alliance|
|Polish Red Dog||52||banker|
|Texas Hold'em Poker||52||individual|
|Two plus One Poker||52||individual|
|Zhăo Péngyou 找朋友||3x52||alliance|
Explanation of symbols
- Individual. There are no teams. All players play for themselves and against the others.
- Partnership. The players are divided into fixed teams - unusual in such a large group but could be five teams of two or two teams of five.
- Alliance. Temporary teams (alliances) are formed during the game. Usually the teams are set by the bidding or by the location of certain cards. The teams generally change from deal to deal, so although players will need to co-operate with their partners, ultimately everyone plays for themselves.
- Sitting Out. A number in brackets  indicates players who do not take a full part in the game, but may have minor duties such as dealing the cards, fetching the beer or making the tea. Players generally take turns to sit out.
- Banker. One player is the banker, and the other players play against the banker, rather than against each other. Many casino games have this format, with a representative of the house playing as the banker. In home games, the role of banker usually passes from player to player, so that everyone has an opportunity to be the bank.
This column indicates the type of cards or tiles needed. See the equipment section of the classified index for further details of the different designs.
This column gives the number of cards in the deck, indicates where multiple decks are used, and the number of jokers. Where the game can be played with various sizes or numbers of decks, perhaps depending on the number of players, the possibilities are listed, separated by commas. For example, "2x32" means a double 32-card deck: 64 cards in all with two copies of each card. "52+2J" means a 52-card deck with two jokers. "32, 36" means the game can be played with 32 or 36 cards. "2x52+2J, 3x52+3J" means that the game can be played with two 52-card decks plus two jokers (106 cards) or three 52-card decks plus three 52-card decks plus three jokers (159 cards).
Possible for Ten Players
Here is a list of other traditional card and tile games that can be played by ten players. These are games that although possible for ten, are not particularly recommended, since they work better with some other number of players.
|Brag 3 card||52||individual|
|Brag 4 card||52||individual|
|Brag 5 card||52||individual|
|Buddha's Folly Poker||52||individual|
|Calcutta Horse Race||52||individual|
|Chicken Foot||55, 91||individual|
|Eight Game Mix Poker||52||individual|
|Five Card Stud Poker||52||individual|
|Five Card Stud High-Low Poker||52||individual|
|Four of a Kind||52||individual|
|In Between||52||individual | banker|
|Lowball (5 Card Stud) Poker||52||individual|
|Mexican Stud Poker||52||individual|
|Old Maid||Old Maid cards||43, 51||individual|
|Sökö Stud Poker||52||individual|
|25||52||individual | partnership|